Sunday, June 2, 2013

Eat it, pal!

There are lots of things I love about New Zealand life, but there are also lots of things about Arizona that I miss.  One thing that has been an adjustment is eating out. 

Our eating out has become much less frequent which is definitely good.  We usually eat out only once or twice - Friday night is our dinner out and we might grab lunch from one of the many bakeries around in the weekend, depending on how busy we are (or really, how lazy we are).

It is easy to cook tasty, home cooked meals with the wealth of healthy, fresh produce, freshly made bakery items that don't have preservatives and artificial crap included and an array of proteins from surf and turf.  And it is lovely until you get to the day when you're ready to shout, "Please!  I want to eat something made in a kitchen outside of this house where someone else has to do the damn dishes!"

Eating out is really expensive in New Zealand unless you are purchasing fast food, fish n' chips or bakery items like sausage rolls.  A girl can only take so many sausage rolls before becoming willing  to trade her virtue for some decent tacos.

Don't worry, Mom, I would never trade my virtue for tacos in New Zealand.  I mean, you haven't tried the tacos.  Definintely not worth it.

Here are some of the foods I miss:

Claussen pickles
Mexican food
A Chicago dog
My mom's chicken piccata and pasta primavera
Mexican food
Pizza that doesn't come from a worldwide pizza chain, with a puffy, chewy crust
Crawfish etouffe from Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen
Mexican food
The mediterranean platter from Pita Jungle
Chik-fil-A (I apologize, sincerely)
Mexican food
and Mexican food.

Seth, meanwhile, dreams of Costco pizza and Someburros.





No comments:

Post a Comment