Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We're Moving!

During the first week of January, our family is moving from Mesa, Arizona to Auckland, New Zealand.  My husband works for a profit recovery firm and he has been offered a promotion there.  There are so many different ways I feel about it that it is hard to choose just one - but overall we are very excited, although we are going to deeply miss our family and friends.

My kids had two questions: 
  1. Do they have toy stores in New Zealand?
  2. Can I buy a toy when we are there?
The answer to both was "yes," so they are feeling good.  I am sure that when they realize how far away they will be from their beloved Nana and Papa, and their friends, it will be an adjustment - but they seem to get that they will be in a new school, new surroundings, their American family will be living very far away, etc.

The next step: getting our house ready for rental, deciding what to sell and what to keep that fits inside a crate the size of a small closet, and sorting out my visa.  Sounds like lots of crazy fun, doesn't it?


This is the last time we went to New Zealand, about 4 years ago.  Think things have changed?

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to see where this takes you, but soooo sad you are leaving!!!

    ReplyDelete